Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dreaming big because I can

Over the last few weeks, I have not only come across numerous incredible women of inspiration, but also I have picked up my own “big” ideas. It’s a wonderful feeling when you’re overcome by inspiration. When the fire inside me starts to get hot, I simply cannot contain a smile at times.

On Friday, June 14, I had the great pleasure of attending and speaking at the New York State ACE Women’s Network Conference at Cornell University. More than 100 women leaders in the state’s higher education system gathered. I met so many women that have now become new connections in my career. Plus, I was able to connect several women with other contacts. That feeling of accomplishment in your own network is great. And then helping another strong woman expand her network, well, that’s just a bonus!


During the conference I gave a presentation on “The Power of an Effective Network”― which turned out to be very useful and much-needed for several attendees. The presentation got women moving forward and expanding their own networks whether it was in a professional effort or to join a community movement. No matter what, it was a beautiful thing to see. Each woman realized what her main needs and goals are in her respected network. From there, everyone left the presentation with a new perspective on what she wanted out of her future networking efforts. After all, your network is what you make of it!

Lastly, I also was fortunate enough to hear some incredible speeches on the main floor. For those that know me, I love to dream big and I do this because there’s no time to waste.

With this most recent dream that I have formulating in my mind comes a lot of work and much motivation. The drive I feel for this dream is great. I feel so strongly about this adventure because I know it is needed in the Central New York community. However, on an even larger level of dreams, I know this movement is needed on a state level and a national level.

Someday, I am not sure when, this movement will become the norm. Because I want to bring this dream to life, I won’t divulge many more details. But know this, this dream is the beginning of furthering the advancement of women and empowering women in a way that needs to become an everyday circumstance.

Overall, this dream was sparked while at the NYS ACE Women’s Network Conference. What will spark your next dream?


Until my next post, be beautiful and genuine ― in other words, be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment